Annual Accounts Preparation
Prepare accounts to help in completion of tax returns.
Produce financial statements to file at Companies House and abbreviated accounts to ensure the minimum amount of your financial information is made public.
Accounts are prepared to agreed time scales and deadlines.
But we can do more than just report the history of what's already happened...
We take the time to explain your accounts to you so that you understand what is going on financially within your business, helping you to plan for the future by;
- Identifying areas where we can assist in reducing your tax liability
- Identifying areas of the business that give you the most opportunity to make improvements
- Use the accounts to help you measure where you are in meeting your goals and what actions you need to take.
Let us take the stress of paperwork off your hands, drop off your invoices, bank statements, etc, we do all the processing
We can then easily prepare for you;
- Management Accounts
- VAT Returns
- Key Performance Indicators
- End of Year Accounts
- Estimated Tax Liabilities as you go along so there's no end of year surprises
You pick up the records (neatly filed and organised!) and all the information we've agreed to provide you with.
It also makes it easy for us to handle any VAT inspections.
Management Accounts and Information
Up to date, relevant and quickly produced management information allows you to make the right decisions.
Our management accounts and information services include;
- Monthly or quarterly management accounts;
- Reporting of key performance indicators that are the underlying drivers that run your business;
- Help with in-house systems for you to produce your own information;
- Training on how to get the most out of your information;
- Supplying management information to lenders;
- Branch/Divisional results;
- Actual performance compared to budget and/or comparative periods;
- Costing information, including break-even turnover levels.
We can help you fulfil this role and offer the following services;
- Registered office facilities
- Maintenance of statutory registers
- Submission of statutory documents
- Giving notice of General Meetings
- Drafting agendas for company meetings
- Preparing Minutes of Meetings
- Completion of share transfer forms
- Preparation of share certificates
- Carrying out company searches
- Filing of Annual Return
Payroll, PAYE Returns and RTI
Everything seemed fine running your own business until the day you took on your first employee and became an unpaid tax collector. This is when you found out what red tape was all about. Let us take the strain away from you and let you get on with running and growing the business.
Payroll is complicated and has to be done on time and you as the employer are responsible for the mistakes. We run payrolls on time and can provide a tailor made service for your business including;
And year end returns including
- Employee payslips
- Monthly summaries
- Departmental reports
- Dealing with leavers and starters
- Provision of analysis of staff costs
- Real Time Information (RTI) PAYE returns for the Revenue
- Assistance with automated payment set-up to your employees
- CIS returns completed by us.
- Calculating statutory sick pay or maternity pay and dealing with tax credits and student loan deductions
- Employer Annual Return P35;
- Employee summary P60's;
- P11D and P9D benefit and expenses returns.
Tax Returns and Self Assessment
Tax Returns can be completed for Individuals and sole traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies.
The self-assessment regime is full of penalties and HMRC enquiry powers are extensive. It's important that returns are correctly completed and filed on time.
All records are backed up and retained for the appropriate period of time.
As well as the completion of your return we can assist with advice on your tax liabilities, negotiating with the Collector if necessary, identifying suitable tax planning opportunities, completing all the necessary tax computations and dealing with all correspondence from HMRC, taking the worry away from you.
You are entitled to arrange your affairs to pay the absolute legal minimum amount of tax. Whilst completion of tax returns and statutory tax obligations are important jobs, all accountants should be capable of completing them and advising you of your tax position and liabilities. We try to do more than just this and are interested in maximising your tax planning opportunities.
We can help with tax planning in relation to;
- Personal taxes
- Business taxes
- VAT Planning
- Capital Gains
- Profit extraction strategies
- Exit strategies
New clients are often surprised at how much can be done to help with their tax position. We are always willing to go that extra mile to offer advice on the areas where tax can be saved. It is important that this work is done in advance and you should contact us as soon as possible.
For VAT registration we can assist with;
- Advising if you need to or if it would be beneficial to register;
- Completion of the VAT registration forms and formalities;
- Advising on the best VAT schemes to use suitable to your business - some you have to notify HMRC you are using and some you don't.
Compliance with VAT is complex. Investigations by the Vat man can be intense - all the more important that your VAT returns are completed correctly.
There are three methods we can use to assist in completion of VAT returns;
- Let us do your book-keeping and we complete the return from there;
- Give us your books and we'll complete the return for you;
- Provide training on how to complete your return.
We complete VAT returns in good time to ensure you avoid any penalties.